Friday, January 1, 2010

Loss, Time, Hope, And Other Nouns

Hello, readers.

It's the end of the year and the end of the decade. I could write something profound here about time and loss and change and the future but I think just listing those nouns should be enough.

If not, though, here is a paragraph of resolutions and thoughts stolen, more or less, from other, sometimes more famous, people.

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. Be more awesome. Return to your core values of Jerry Lewis, monkeys, UFOs, and oatmeal. Fight as if your weapons are all Dancing. Drink as if your mugs are Everfull. If you get the chance, close your eyes and pretend you're something you're not, maybe a a three-footed wallaby on Mars or a glowing fish swimming deep in a dark sea. Make something that didn't exist before you made it. Fail spectacularly and often. Live every day like a man in love. Realize you're falling. Realize everyone's falling. Say hello to everyone. Hello, everyone. And, as always, be kind, even if it means being cruel. The world will be the better for it. I promise.

It has been a strange and wonderful year for me, readers, as all years are if you pay attention. It just happens that in this one I lost a car, a grandfather, a father, a cat, and, well, I think I'll stop there, because in many ways, this was the greatest year of all years ever. There's a lot of love out there, readers. Keep your eyes and ears open. No, I don't know how to open ears. You'll figure it out, though, I'm sure.


Happy tomorrow, readers.


ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment