Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cinematical Vampire Wednesday


Hello, readers. This morning saw me having some fried plantains and poached eggs. I've never had poached eggs before. Which is why I decided to make them. You boil some water, some vinegar, do a little swirly action with a spoon, and then whoosh go the eggs and you wait--make some mint tea perhaps--and then reverse whoosh, out they come and they're creamy and good. At least, that was my experience.

Afterwards, I wrote.

And then, many hours later, I discovered this bit about Chan-Wook Park's new film, Thirst. Chan Woo-Park is the guy who made those funny revenge films (Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance) where, among other things, people had sex with their sisters. This new film is about a priest who becomes a vampire, and, I'm guessing, probably experiences various crisises (what is the plural of crisis...?) of faith, love, and desire. It's going to be awesome.

In other vampire news, CHUD is running a contest around the release of the live-action, Blood: The Last Vampire, an adaptation of the samely titled anime movie.

And also, look, True Blood premiered, and, apparently, something interesting happened to Anna Paquin's clothes. Good heavens. Breasts. Occasionally, the desire to say, "Silly, Americans," comes over me, but then I remember I'm not British.

Happy Wednesday, readers.

ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment