Friday, April 24, 2009

Briefly...

Hello, readers.

It's the day after tomorrow. My world hasn't quite ended. Though I did have a fever of 101.4 or so last night. Feel better now. Except for during one particularly forceful sneeze I seemed to have clogged up my left ear. Half of everything sounds like the ocean now.

I went to a CVS minute clinic. The lady doctor was quite nice and chatted with me about Oxford's reputation for producing writers. "My children are very creative," she said. She also seemed hesitant to give me a strep test. "It'll make you gag," she said. "I'm so sorry."

Which was sweet, I thought, though, a little strange. Like a boxer apologizing for punching his opponent.

Other things I learned from CVS minute clinic lady:

1) Children are now taught not to cough in their hands but into their shoulders. More sanitary. Us people twenty and over have some catching up to do.
2) It's possible I have something called cryptic tonsils. This doesn't mean my tonsils hide some valuable treasure. Mostly it means they occasionally catch food and trick doctors into thinking they're infected.
3) Erm. Can't think of a third somewhat funny thing. Must be cause I'm sick.

I'm going to go lie down. Look at this and remember me fondly.

No comments:

Post a Comment